Party Time April 20 Show
Jessica Harris | Industry Relations Manager | Visit Santa Barbara
Jessica Harris, a Colorado native, came to Santa Barbara three years ago, and has enjoyed all the experiences this one-of-a-kind destination has to offer. She joined the Visit Santa Barbara team in 2013, and responsible for their Membership department, which includes events, workshops, and trainings. In her spare time she loves camping, hiking, and enjoy the beach with her husband Sean and her two pups.
Visit Santa Barbara is a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization jointly funded by the City of SB, the County of SB, the South Coast Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID), and by a membership of hospitality-related businesses. The primary mission of VSB is to enhance the economies of the Santa Barbara South Coast and County areas through tourism marketing that increases business revenue, tax revenue, and creates jobs.
1. I know this is a question that comes up often, but now that we actually have the Travel & Tourism team in the house, can you tell us where Santa Barbara ranks compared to other US destinations in terms of wedding destinations?
2. What is the role of Visit Santa Barbara as it relates to bringing people in to the destination and helping them plan their stay?
3. Are there any new and exciting things ahead for Visit Santa Barbara as it relates to travel trends and our visitor?
4. Tell us a little bit about the events that Visit Santa Barbara hosts and what your largest event is.
5. Working in the industry and actually planning your own wedding, are there tips that you would give a bride to be when planning their wedding here in Santa Barbara?
6. What was the most memorable part of your wedding?
Will Conlin YTS Digital Films
William Conlin Bio
William Conlin is a co-owner of YTS Digital Films, along with his parents Gary & Harlene Conlin, who are the original founders of YTS Digital Films. YTS Digital Films began as an high-end wedding and event videography service and has since expanded into all aspects of video production. At the age of 18, William was awarded Best In Show in a national video editing competition (the youngest person to ever be given the honor) with his work being recognized alongside major productions including 60 Minutes and Nightline.
While attending film school, William had two films selected for screening at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, including the feature-length documentary [email protected] Subsequently, YTS Digital Films became the house crew for SBIFF and now conducts all official red carpet interviews during the annual 12-day event. Recent interviews conducted by YTS Digital Films include Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Kevin Costner, Patricia Arquette, Michael Keaton, Jennifer Aniston & Steve Carell.
YTS Digital Films is also the production team behind the acclaimed local television show The Inn Crowd where William currently holds the titles of Director and Editor. The Inn Crowd is hosted by Craig Case and features recipes from world-famous Chef Michael Hutchings. Guests on The Inn Crowd have included Jim Messina, Fannie Flagg, Bill Foley, Andrew Firestone & Dennis Franz.
1. Tell me about YTS Digital Films.
2. What makes a fabulous wedding film?
3. You produce a lot of commercial content, tell me about that?
4. Let’s talk about YTS and The Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
5. Who was your favorite interview so far at SBIFF?
6. Now let’s talk about television, what shows do you currently have in production?
7. What’s in the future for YTS Digital Films?
Avante Events—Cori Lassahn
About Cori Lassahn
Cori lives in the Santa Barbara wine country with her husband, and two children. When she’s not planning weddings, she’s teaching yoga for her new business Vineyard Yoga Santa Ynez Valley. Which combines yoga classes and wine tasting at local vineyards. In her free time, Cori can be found in the ocean on her stand up paddle board or hiking in the mountains.
About Avante Events
Before starting Avanté Events in 2003, Cori’s career covered both social and corporate event planning. She began creating and coordinating events at the Moraga Country Club in the Bay Area and then joined the successful event planning company, Pacific Agenda, in San Francisco where she honed her skills. When she moved to Santa Barbara, Cori created Avante Events with a focus on wedding planning. For 13-years, Cori has been helping Santa Barbara brides bring their vision to life. She offers her clients everything from Day-Of Coordination to Full Service year-long planning.
Questions for Cori
1. Favorite part about planning weddings in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez Valley?
2. What’s the biggest misconception about the career of wedding planning?
3. You live in the Santa Ynez Valley, what are some of your some of your tips for people getting married there?
4. You’ve been teaching yoga for 14 years, how do you use that background to help you with weddings?
5. What is it about wedding planning is rewarding for you?
6. How did you come up with the idea to combine yoga and winetasting?
7. What advice would you give someone who wants to go into the event planning business?
Town & Country Event Rentals provides the most distinctive, elegant and sophisticated event and party rentals in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California. It is our passion to provide the highest level of customer service, goods and products for your amazing event.
EmmaRose Floral will provide custom floral arrangements for private venues, weddings and events, in addition to providing floral direction for photoshoots, and estate floral arrangements.
Emma’s passion for flowers started at a very young age. As a girl, she used to explore the neighborhood picking the neighbors’ flowers and creating arrangements for her mother. It didn’t occur to her that she could make it her full time occupation. ‘I was in corporate technology sales for ten years and did well at it, but I was not passionate about it,’ Emma points out. The concept of becoming a full time florist just seemed right; and the timing lined up perfect with Emma’s move back to Santa Barbara after a long time away living in her native state of Georgia. Her focus is a commitment to the highest quality and design through unwavering attention to detail. Apprenticing under a top local florist / designer, Emma has had the opportunity to refine her God given talent and compete with the best in the business. When Emma is not designing she spends her time with her 3 dogs hiking Santa Barbara’s local trails and beaches.
Special Thanks to Foley Family Wines for sponsoring “Name That Tune!”
FOLEY FAMILY WINES
PROPERTIES INCLUDE: FIRESTONE VINEYARD
LINCOURT VINEYARDS • FOLEY ESTATES • EOS
P.O. BOX 244
LOS OLIVOS, CA 93441
Hair and Make-Up by: Mira Bella Salon & Spa